The Historical Context
The time line of Israel’s history:
722 B.C. 586 B.C.
Fall of N. Kingdom Fall of S. Kingdom
To Assyria to Babylon
Hezekiah 715-686 B.C.
The royal line of Israel’s history:
Ahaz / Hezekiah / Manasseh / Josiah / Jehoiakim / Zedekiah
I. Hezekiah’s prayer in national crisis 37:15-20
A. Praise of the Almighty God.
B. Pleading for the presence of God.
C. Praying for the glory of God.
II. Hezekiah’s prayer in personal crisis 38:2-3
A. He personally engaged God.
B. He passionately entreated God.
Next Steps: Truths worth teaching!
- The privilege and power of prayer.
- The brevity of life.
- The sovereignty of God in all things.
- The grace of God in forgiveness of sins.
- Make the most of every opportunity – today!
- The confident hope in God’s deliverance.
- The joy of consistent praise of God with God’s people.